Tuesday, February 28, 2012

JAISALMER



I <3 THE DESERT

sleeping under the stars in the middle of nowhere (minus the story about the hotel owner who tried to make a move on me) was freaking amazing
more camping adventures forever!!

seriously, I can't remember the last time I was able to see out to the horizon in every direction... and not only that - to not hear a single car or motorcycle horn honking for the first time since I came to India... the stars were all so clear in the sky and the colours were like a rainbow in the sand... it was just magical :)

PLUS; thanks to the hotel owners who took me around to forts and deserted towns nearby and brought me whiskey bhang campfires and great chinwags :) Bless!!

AND AND AND my amazing albino indian camel driver Pattan <3 who took me to his village the next day after everyone else had abandoned - I had so much fun with his nephew and local children ^-^ "1 photo 1 photo"

I could write more but I am internet-cafe-wi-fi-hogging 8)









khuldra

brys desert

khuda fort

and then thar desert

:)





 

ROADTRIIIIIP with 3 jaisalmer hotel owners (inc. one aussie!) so lucky!









 




camel lunch time!!! ....desert banana lunch time.... APPROACHING SHEEP ATTACK TIME!!!



pattan kicked up some seriously awesome desert chappatti and chai on his little stick-fire pans >< oh man it was wicked nom.

lazing around in desert camouflage 










pattan had made a little wall here to block the wind and sand while we slept :) it's his favourite little place in the middle of nowhere apparently



above: sunset.....

and below..... after THE INCIDENT... I stayed out in the desert alone and pattan woke me up so that I could watch the SUNRISE ^-^




whipped me up a desert breakfast, I ate one of the eggs because I didn't want to be rude, but anyway - then away we went!!! (my butt still hurts)












No comments:

Post a Comment