Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rama Fruit!

We're back from a weekend away in Aurangabad! It was sooo much fun to have lots of fort-scaling, cave-exploring, rooftop-drinking, thali-eating adventure with everyone :)

Before I get onto dealing with the photos I accumulated, I TRIED SUGAR APPLES FOR THE FIRST TIME

Even though I'd heard lots about custard apples from a friend back in Melbourne town, I'd never gotten my hands on one to try. And... it was... bizarre...? Like eating cake.

I don't think I could eat a whole one but apparently it works great in smoothies and is full of calcium goodness!

FRUCTOSE OVERDRIVE WARNING: STAY AWAY SHARNI COYNE !!

From da w3bs: सीता फळ literally meaning "sita fruit" as the fruit has too many seeds and monkeys don't eat them – monkeys are believed to be friends of Rama, Sita's husband. There is another variety, which is sweeter and bigger than Sitaphal, Annona reticulata (Bullock's heart ) also known as Ramphal, or "rama fruit".



Now... just to find some seeds...

No comments:

Post a Comment